Located in Seattle, Washington, Athena Marketing International (www.athenaintl.com) (AMI) is a highly specialized international business development, marketing and consulting firm serving the global food, beverage, nutrition and consumer products industries. Our mission is to build profitable, market sustainable food, beverage and consumer brands worldwide.
The Sales & Customer Service Manager has the opportunity to play a key role in building a world-class global snack food brand. This position will report to the President initially, and will support our U.S. and international customers worldwide. There will be close interaction with our Sales and Marketing executives, including our international sales offices, as well as Operations, Supply Chain, and Production. The successful candidate must be willing to be a “hands on” enabler in the current high growth phase of our company.
This position will have the responsibility for managing our worldwide database including consumers and customers. She/he will open new customer accounts and maintain existing customer records. This role will also be responsible for researching various import procedures, packaging guidelines and regulations in a large variety of countries worldwide. The Sales & Customer Service Manager will ensure that export sales are managed in compliance with U.S. and international regulations. Furthermore, a thorough understanding of export documentation required in various markets would be helpful for this role, although not required.
The winning candidate will ideally have spent time in a food and beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing company, preferably with Sales, Customer Service and/or Inside Sales responsibilities.
She/he may also have worked in a smaller, resource-restricted environment that requires a hands-on, entrepreneurial management style. This role requires a detailed, “roll up the sleeves” type person who thrives on making things happen. Being a global company, employees often work “around-the-clock” with our worldwide customers.
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week position with the possibility of becoming a full time position depending on performance.
- Process Purchase Orders including wholesale, e-commerce sales, Amazon.com, and Costco.com.
- Support Sales and Marketing colleagues, as well as Supply Chain, Production and Social Media.
- Manage all assigned customers to ensure each customer is managed properly and professionally with excellent customer service.
- Complete new customer set-up forms
- Assist customers with processing of Purchase Orders
- Communicate with all customers on a timely basis with concise information
- Manage and attend U.S. and international trade shows and major industry events; international travel may be required.
- Conduct appropriate market research in U.S. and foreign countries to understand various food and beverage categories and competitors.
- Correspond with and build a network of U.S. and international customers to increase sales.
- Database development and entry; contribute to building the world’s leading database for the global
food, beverage and nutrition industry.
- Conduct e-mail marketing, social media, blogging and white papers with relevant messaging & topics.
- Manage all company domain names, websites and social media accounts.
- Sending samples to prospective customers.
- Office management.
- Manage and train college interns.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Sales and/or Customer Service experience; food, beverage or consumer goods work experience is preferred.
- A track record of sales and customer service experience would be valuable, and a clearly articulated desire to build world-class food, beverage and nutrition brands.
- Knowledge of export processes, purchasing, and packaging regulations for food products is helpful but not required.
- Experience with food manufacturing, ingredients and technical issues would be beneficial, particularly purchasing food ingredients, but also not required.
- Knowledge of foreign import regulations and requirements would be helpful.
- Sales & customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business executives of foreign cultures.
- Experience with social media, blogging, Shopify, and e-commerce retailers.
Aptitudes and Skills
- Outstanding organizational and analytical capabilities. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize needs of customers, and quickly act to solve customer issues.
- Good leadership skills, detail oriented, and accurate.
- Strong verbal and written skills, as well as MS Office computer skills.
- High initiative and self-directed – able to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
Athena Marketing International (AMI) offers employees a competitive compensation package that includes
base compensation commensurate with a candidate’s background and experience.
Click here to apply
Or send this information to:
Athena Marketing International
5506 Sixth Avenue South, Suite 203
Seattle, WA 98108 U.S.A.
Tel: +1 (206) 749-9255
Fax: +1 (206) 624-8826