Athena Marketing International (www.athenaintl.com) (AMI) is a leading international marketing and export management firm established in 2004. We launch and grow Food & Beverage brands globally, and represent some of the most innovative companies in the Food, Beverage, and Nutrition categories. Our objective is to assist high quality, emerging U.S. manufacturers increase worldwide sales and distribution, and develop into major global brands. In addition, AMI serves as an advisor to its clients’ senior management, offering counsel on international marketing, business development, foreign joint ventures and alliances, strategic planning, media and promotion, distribution, and foreign language packaging.
The Global E-Commerce Sales Representative will play a key role in building a world-class professional services firm. This position will report to the President, and will support our international customers in over 130 countries worldwide. There will be close interaction with our other Sales executives, both internal and external. The successful candidate must be willing to be a “hands on” enabler in the current high growth phase of our company.
This position will have the responsibility for managing our worldwide international e-commerce platforms on behalf of AMI’s brands and our customer’s brands. Some of the platforms will include Alibaba, T-Mall, Coupang, Rakuten, Sporter, Desert Cart, and Amazon Global. This role will also manage the company’s social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others.
The winning candidate will ideally have spent time in a food and beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) manufacturing company, preferably with international sales and/or inside sales responsibilities.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position.
- Develop on-line sales strategies and conversions on various global e-commerce platforms.
- Expand AMI customers’ international sales and distribution on global e-commerce platforms and increase their global brand exposure.
- Provide sales and marketing support to Sales Managers and Development Representatives, including Search Engine Optimization for our food and beverage brands.
- Generate new sales leads , initiate contact and transition to senior sales representatives.
- Create demand for our customer’s products on global e-commerce platforms.
- Improve user experience, increase website traffic and sales, and develop brand loyalty.
- Collect content to use for each product, and ensure alignment of brand messaging.
- Develop logistics solutions for cross-border e-commerce and Direct-to-Consumer selling processes.
- Design and create storefronts and websites for both AMI as well as our customers on leading global e-commerce platforms.
- Write and edit posts on LinkedIn and other social media platforms as well as AMI’s website.
- Issue regular e-newsletters with relevant global Food, Beverage and Nutrition content to AMI’s extensive database.
- Track all e-commerce marketing activities, analyze data, and continually refine our digital marketing and sales strategies.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A proven Global E-Commerce Sales professional with 3-7 years of successful progression in a food, beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods company (CPG).
- A track record of Global Cross-Border Sales experience, including Amazon Marketplace and Seller Central.
- An understanding of Amazon Easy Ship and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) would be helpful.
- Social media expertise, and experience building brand awareness for a consumer goods brand across several platforms, most importantly, LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and similar graphical interfaces for marketing and design purposes.
- Knowledge of export processes, purchasing, and regulations for food and beverage products is preferred but not required.
- Experience with food manufacturing, ingredients and technical issues would be beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of foreign import regulations and requirements is helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business executives of foreign cultures.
Aptitudes and Skills
- Outstanding organizational and analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including cross-cultural.
- Ability to recognize needs of customers, and quickly act to solve customer issues.
- Strong leadership skills, detail-oriented, and accurate.
- Determination and drive to manage new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- A curious mindset to interpret complex data, and the ability to develop and communicate value-added solutions.
- Approachability and sense of humor which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all cultural backgrounds.
- Flexibility and the uncanny skill of balancing priorities with grace under pressure.
- Advanced skill of Microsoft office suite (PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and Access) and Customer Relationship Management software applications.
- High initiative and self-directed – able to work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a high degree of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
Athena Marketing International offers employees a competitive compensation package that includes base compensation commensurate with a candidate’s background and experience, health insurance and medical benefits, vacation pay and 401(K) retirement plan.
Click here to apply
Or please send your Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com