Located in Seattle, Washington, Athena Marketing International (www.athenaintl.com) is a leading international marketing, export sales management and business development firm. We assist North American food, beverage, nutrition and consumer goods manufacturers seeking to expand global sales and brand awareness. Our objective is to assist high quality, emerging U.S. manufacturers increase worldwide sales and distribution, and develop into major global brands. In addition, AMI serves as an advisor to its clients’ senior management, offering counsel on international marketing, business development, foreign joint ventures and alliances, strategic planning, media and promotion, distribution, and foreign language packaging.
The Sales Development Representative will play a key role in building a world-class global professional services firm. This position will report to the Senior International Sales Manager and will support our North American manufacturing clients and international customers worldwide. There will be close interaction with our Sales and Marketing executives, including our international sales offices, as well as Operations and Administration. The successful candidate must be willing to be a “hands on” enabler in the current high growth phase of our company.
This position will be responsible for researching various import procedures, packaging guidelines and regulations in a large variety of countries worldwide. The Sales Development Representative will ensure that export sales are managed in compliance with U.S. and international regulations. Furthermore, a thorough understanding of export documentation, international sales and marketing, and correspondence required in various markets would be helpful for this role, although not required.
The winning candidate will ideally have spent time in a food and beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) manufacturing company, preferably with Sales, Account Management, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and/or Inside Sales responsibilities.
She/he may also have worked in a smaller, resource-restricted environment that requires a hands-on, entrepreneurial management style. This role requires a detailed, “roll up the sleeves” type person who thrives on making things happen. Being a global company, employees often work “around-the-clock” with our worldwide customers.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position.
- Drive lead generation to build a network of international customers.
- Database development and entry; contribute to building the world’s leading database for the global food, beverage and nutrition industry.
- Support Sales Managers and Directors in business development and global sales.
- Ensure consistent application of client brand guidelines across our global markets.
- Conduct appropriate market research in U.S. and foreign countries to understand various food, beverage, nutrition and consumer goods categories and competitors.
- Collaborate effectively across the company and gain a deep understanding of international customer needs to increase sales and distribution globally.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Sales and/or Customer Service experience; food, beverage or consumer goods work experience is preferred.
- A track record of Sales and Customer Service experience would be valuable, and a clearly articulated desire to build world-class food, beverage, nutrition and consumer goods brands.
- Knowledge of export processes, purchasing, and packaging regulations for food and beverage products is helpful but not required.
- Experience with food manufacturing, ingredients and technical issues would be beneficial, but also not required.
- Knowledge of foreign import regulations and requirements would be helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business executives of foreign cultures.
Aptitudes and Skills
- Outstanding organizational and analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize needs of customers, and quickly act to solve customer issues.
- Strong leadership skills, detail oriented, and accurate.
- Determination and drive to manage new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- A curious mindset to interpret complex data, and the ability to develop and communicate value-added solutions.
- Approachability and sense of humor which enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all cultural backgrounds.
- Flexibility and the uncanny skill of balancing priorities with grace under pressure.
- Advanced skill of Microsoft office suite (PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and Access) and Customer Relationship Management software applications.
- High initiative and self-directed – able to work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a high degree of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple, fast-paced initiatives
Athena Marketing International offers employees a competitive compensation package that includes base compensation commensurate with a candidate’s background and experience, health insurance and medical benefits, vacation pay and 401(K) retirement plan.
Click here to apply
Or please send your Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com